ASID is offering scholarships to people with an intellectual disability who require financial assistance to attend the ASID 2017 Conference in Hobart, Tasmania.
We have limited funding to support people in Australia to attend the conference. To support as many people as possible, we have distributed the scholarship amounts across regions. The maximum amount will be offered to each state or territory. See the amounts in the table below:
|New South Wales/ACT||$750.00|
To be eligible for financial help you must:
- Identify as having an intellectual disability
- Live within Australia
- Need support to pay for accommodation or travel for either yourself or your support person/ family carer to attend the conference.
- If you are not a member of Australasian Society of Intellectual Disability (ASID) you will need to provide the name a member in your region
Download the form below, and return completed form to the ASID Secretariat by 15 September 2017.
Confirmation of a successful application will be sent on 30 September 2017.
- The maximum scholarship amounts, may not be able to cover all of your expenses to attend the conference. If you received a scholarship, you will be required to pay for the outstanding amount.
- Priority will be given to people who are presenting a paper, workshop or poster at the conference.
- Applicants will need to register for the conference
- Expenses will be reimbursed to the applicant after receipts and evidence of purchase have been received. If you are unable to do this, please let us know and we will make alternative arrangements.